What is LIFE?
Program Environment and Climate Action (LIFE) is the financial instrument of the European Union dedicated to the environment for 2014-2020. Its overall objective is based on catalyzing changes in the development and implementation of policies by providing solutions and best practices to achieve environmental and climate goals, as well as the promotion of innovative technologies in environmental and climate change . Should support, also, the implementation of the Comprehensive Environmental Program of the Union 2020 "Living well within the limits of our planet".
What is the Sto3re LIFE Project?
LIFE Sto3re The project will develop and validate a pilot system in dual-phase digestion temperature combined with oxidation by ozone and hydrodynamic cavitation jointly manage waste treatment plants and farms in rural areas; maximizing the production of biogas and biofertilizer generating a high quality that meets the new legal regulations to the application of sludge in agriculture.
For what purpose this project arises?
Project LIFE Sto3re expected to provide solutions to some of the "strategic issues" of European and Spanish environmental policies, as it will be an improvement over current systems of digestion of wastewater treatment plants.
How long is the Sto3re LIFE Project?
The project, demonstrative character (I + D + i), lasts 40 months, starting in September 2015 and ending in December 2018.
Who is involved in the project?
Project LIFE Sto3re will be developed by the consortium of five Spanish partners of the scientific environment, public and private: FACSA (Sociedad de Fomento Agrícola Castellonense SA), ESAMUR (Regional Entity cleansing and purifying wastewater from the Region of Murcia) , IPROMA (Research and Environment Projects SL), AINIA (Research Association of Food Industry) and CEBAS-CSIC (State Agency Council for Scientific Research).
What budget is available to implement the project?
The total budget for the project is € 1,957,874, of which the EU participates with 1,093,762 €, with 390,425 € FACSA, AINIA with 112,602 €, CEBAS-CSIC with 96,074 €, ESAMUR with 74,560 € and 190,451 € IPROMA with .
What is the main objective to be achieved with the development of this project?
Protect the aquatic environment from pollution caused by nitrates, pathogens and organic micropollutants from sludge from sewage treatment plants sewage treatment plant (WWTP) and livestock waste, as well as develop a model of joint management of sludge produced in WWTP, of small and medium sizes, and sewage farms.
Where the pilot plant will be installed?
The pilot plant will be installed in the EDAR of Totana (Murcia), since it is a population located in a region with many pig farms. In this plant sludge and sewage treatment plant 6 5 nearby farms will be managed.
What will the development of the Project LIFE Sto3re in the future?
Sto3re LIFE Project will involve the installation of a plant that can manage simultaneously several EDAR effluent and slurry from farms located in a specific geographical area or region, reducing the costs of treating these two residues separately.
What effect does the project carbon footprint?
Gas wintered impact and carbon footprint will be reduced to avoid uncontrolled emissions of methane associated with the storage of liquid manure and to obtain a bio-fertilizer for the field and allows repopulate currently desert lands, will reduce the contribution of mineral fertilizers and thus contributing to less pollution of subfloors.
- WWTP : Wastewater Treatment Plant has the general objective of achieving, from sewage or mixed and through different physical, chemical and biotechnological methods, a water effluent best features of quality and quantity, based on certain standard parameters.
- Mud : mud or aqueous sediment which settled solids are concentrated or a gross decanted water or a biological reactor.
- Slurry : organic waste, such as sewage and vegetable waste, crops, seeds, concentrations of dead animals, fishing, food, excrements or liquid, or mixture thereof, capable of fermenting or fermented with environmental impact.
- Ozone (O 3 ) is a substance whose molecule consists of three oxygen atoms, formed to dissociate the two atoms that make up the oxygen gas.
- Biogas : fuel gas generated in natural means or specific devices, biodegradation reactions of organic matter by the action of microorganisms and other factors, in absence of oxygen.
- Biofertilizer : also known as orgánicoes fertilizer a fertilizer that comes from animals, plants , food scraps, crop residues of edible fungi or other organic source manufactured by industrial means.
- Anaerobic digestion : process by which microorganisms break down biodegradable material in the absence of oxygen. This process generates various gases, including carbon dioxide and methane are the most abundant.
- Hydrodynamic cavitation : formation, growth and implosive collapse of vapor bubbles in a liquid created by the fluctuation of pressure in a fluid.